Monday 25 June 2018

PARFUM DE PEAU by Montana

The  helicoid bottle and blue cardboard box of Parfum de Peau by Montana (eau de parfum) lying flat on a bright yellow crepe fabric

Brand: Montana
Perfume: Parfum de Peau
 pronounce in French
Concentration: edt
Notes:* top - blackcurrant, pepper, cardamom, marigold, ginger
             middle - rose, tuberose, narcissus, carnation
             base - amber, cedar, patchouli, olibanum, vetiver, oakmoss, musk, castoreum, civet 
Ingredients: Alcohol Denat. (79% vol.), Aqua (Water), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss) Extract, Limonene, Farnesol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Eugenol, Coumarin, Anise Alcohol, Citral, Cinnamyl Alcohol, CI 14700 (RED 4)
Information on the packaging: Montana Parfums, Empire of Scents - 17, rue Alfred Roll, 75017 Paris, France
Brand owner (now): Empire of Scents SAS, France - www.parfums-montana.com
Made in France.

 P arfum de Peau is one of those fragrances that smell different according to the skin on which they are pulverized. Someone from my entourage (a mature person) used the scent from my bottle and I must say that I feel it kind of distinct on her: citrussy, airy, carefree, uncomplicated, youthful.

On me, its odour is dense or, I should say, concentrated, almost dark. Animalic? I understand where it is headed to, but I would not go that far. Yes, there is something from this category, but more like a breeze. I do not feel anything demanding or bad smelling. Parfum de Peau is completely wearable.

It is sweet, but not excessive, warm, rounded, and feminine. It has an interesting note: slightly tart and "alive", and I think this feature would be more obvious if the other ingredients did not calm it down. I cannot identify it, but it contributes a lot to the perfume identity. Is this the animalic note? I do not know. It might be that something that I perceive as effervescent, but quite calm, without jumping into my face.

I find Parfum de Peau to be somewhat fruity. It gravitates towards juiciness without actually touching this level. Flowers? I am not really sure. Hard to sense something in particular, the fragrance being so homogenous.
In this beginning stage, I would define the fragrance as elegant. As time goes by, some of its succulent nature decreases and I feel even some roughness. Now it is time for me to qualify it as mature. It could actually be the scent appropriate for a bussiness woman dressed in a two-piece suit, on heels, and wearing her hair in an up-do.

Then, one day, I discover something by accident. After I take a shower, I stop using the body milk and any other body product in that moment . I spray myself with Parfum de Peau and I realize, some minutes later, that I can finally smell my own perfume. Before, after I had applied it on the moisturized skin or on my blouse, I had a problem: although I knew others perceived my fragrance, I was not able to do the same thing.

And now I find the odour to be modified, even if not by much: it acquires a vegetal nuance and a tinge of aridity, of dry and aromatic herb. I also feel it bitter (or maybe it was this way from the start) only that now this element seems to surface considering that the sweetness dropped in volume. This way, the scent seems more like coming from the nature, more rustic, more daring, more savage. I sense that its character, which I found it to be too commercial, subsided. And I enjoy it much more as such.

I prefer the way Parfum de Peau smells on me rather than on the other person. It strikes me like more uncommon this way. Having said these, I wish it had higher personality; not necessary more animalic, but less sweet. It would have fitted wonderfully. It would have been perfect.
But I do not disregard it at all for how it presents itself now. Parfum de Peau: an animalic in progress.

And for a more mature version, Peau Intense by Montana is the right choice.
 
My verdict:  9 out of 10.
__________
* The notes were taken from www.parfums-montana.com 


🌿🔎🐱🔍🍑


Brandul: Montana
Parfumul: Parfum de Peau 
pronunță în franceză
Concentrația: apă de toaletă
Notele*:
de vârf - coacăz-negru, piper, cardamom, filimică, ghimbir
              de mijloc - trandafir, tuberoză, narcisă, garoafă
              de bază - chihlimbar, lemn de cedru, paciuli, oliban, vetiver, mușchi de stejar, mosc, castoreum, zibetă
Ingredientele: Alcohol Denat. (79% vol.), Aqua (Water), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss) Extract, Limonene, Farnesol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Eugenol, Coumarin, Anise Alcohol, Citral, Cinnamyl Alcohol, CI 14700 (RED 4)
Informațiile de pe ambalaj: Montana Parfums, Empire of Scents - 17, rue Alfred Roll, 75017 Paris, France
Deținătorul brandului (acum): Empire of Scents SAS, Franța - www.parfums-montana.com 
Fabricat în Franța.

 P arfum de Peau este unul dintre acele parfumuri care miros diferit în funcție de pielea pe care sunt pulverizate. Cineva din anturajul meu (o persoană matură) s-a dat cu parfumul din sticla mea și trebuie să spun că îl simt oarecum altfel pe ea: citric, aerisit, senin, necomplicat, tineresc.

Pe mine, aroma sa este densă sau, mai bine zis, concentrată, aproape întunecată. Animalic? Înțeleg unde bate, dar nu aș merge chiar până acolo. Da, are ceva-ceva din această categorie, dar doar ca o adiere. Nu percep nimic dificil sau urât mirositor. Parfum de Peau este complet purtabil.

Este dulce, dar nu exagerat, cald, rotund și feminin. Are o notă interesantă: foarte ușor înțepătoare și „vie” și cred că această caracteristică ar fi mai evidentă dacă nu ar potoli-o celelalte ingrediente. Nu o pot identifica, dar ea contribuie mult la identitatea parfumului. Aceasta să fie nota animalică? Nu știu. S-ar putea să fie acel ceva pe care îl percep ca efervescent, dar destul de liniștit, fără a sări în ochi.

Parfum de Peau mi se pare parțial fructat. Tinde către a fi zemos inițial, dar fără a atinge vreodată acest nivel. Flori? Nu-mi dau seama. Greu de detectat ceva în particular, parfumul fiind foarte omogen.
În această fază de început, l-aș caracteriza drept elegant. Pe măsură ce timpul trece, își pierde puțin din caracterul suculent și simt chiar puțină asprime. Acum aș putea să îl numesc matur. Ar putea fi chiar genul de parfum pentru o femeie de afaceri îmbrăcată în deux-pièces, pe tocuri, cu părul strâns în coc plat.

Apoi, într-o zi, descopăr ceva întâmplător. După ce fac un duș, nu mai vreau să folosesc lapte de corp și niciun alt produs corporal. Mă dau cu Parfum de Peau pe piele și realizez niște minute mai târziu că, în cele din urmă, reușesc și eu să îmi simt propriul parfum. Înainte, când îl aplicam pe pielea hrănită cu produse cosmetice sau pe haine, aveam o problemă: deși știam că ceilalți îl percep pe mine, eu nu puteam să fac același lucru.

Iar mirosul său mi se pare modificat în acest moment, chiar dacă nu cu mult: căpăta o nuanță vegetală și o tentă de ariditate, de iarbă uscată, aromată. Parcă este și amar (sau poate era de la început așa), doar că acum acest element pare să iasă la suprafață având în vedere că părții dulci i-a mai scăzut intensitatea. Așa, percep parfumul ca fiind mai din natură, mai rustic, mai îndrăzneț, mai sălbatic. Simt că și-a redus din caracterul pe care eu îl găsisem prea comercial. Și îmi place mai mult astfel.

Îl prefer pe Parfum de Peau așa cum miroase pe mine și nu pe persoana cealaltă. Mi se pare distinct în acest mod. Cu toate acestea, mi-ar fi plăcut să aibă și mai multă personalitate; nu neapărat mai animalic, ci poate mai puțin dulce. I s-ar fi potrivit de minune. Ar fi fost perfect.
Dar nu îl desconsider deloc pentru cum se prezintă acum. Parfum de Peau: un animalic în lucru.

Și pentru o variantă mai matură, Peau Intense de Montana este alegerea potrivită.

Nota mea:  9 din 10.
__________
* Notele parfumate au fost luate de pe www.parfums-montana.com

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this one. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Richard!
      Sorry for this late answer. I only saw your comment a few minutes ago. Oops!

      You should try "Parfum de Peau" if you have the chance. I feel that you would like it.
      Thank you very much for stopping by.

      Delete