Friday, 28 August 2026

L'ENVOL by Cartier (edt)


Brand: Cartier pronounce in French
Perfume: L'envol pronounce in French 
Concentration: edt
Notes:* citrus fruits, guaiac wood, hydromel
Ingredients: Alcohol (77% vol.), Parfum (Fragrance), Aqua (Water), Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Linalool, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, BHT, Coumarin, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Farnesol, Isoeugenol, CI 14700 (Red N°4) CI 15985 (Yellow N°6), CI 19140 (Yellow N°5)
Information on the packaging: © Cartier. Parfum Cartier, 33 rue Boissy d'Anglas, 75008, Paris
Brand owner (now): Richemont International SA, Switzerland - www.cartier.com, www.richemont.com
Made in France.

 Many years ago, I tested it in a store together with the eau de parfum. I was not impressed with the latter—it had a slight cucumber facet that went in the direction of Ambre Noir by Yves Rocher. Conversely, the eau de toilette surprised me because of its similarity to Eau d'Iparie by L'Occitane en Provence (the version in the rectangular bottle), a fragrance that I enjoy.

Now that I own a full bottle of L'envol, I still see the connection to Eau d'Iparie. They have in common the pear, the honey and the type of sweetness.

I also observe the differences. The immediat element that is specific to L'envol must be the bitterness, and I like that very much. It feels as if I am in an open field, in the middle of summer, and I am surrounded by dried plants and dried flowers. The word that fits here is "herbal". Together with the honeyed sweetness and a certain dewiness, it gives the impression of drinking a concentrated tisane.

L'envol is less dense than Eau d'Iparie and, in a way, it might seem less complex. However, it becomes apparent that it is a solid composition once you start wearing it more than once.

On some days, I discovered that I perceive L'envol slightly modified. Today, for example, when I am writing this review, it is almost syrupy in the first hour. The pear note that it shares with Eau d'Iparie smells sweeter than usual, and I cannot help but think of the pear from the drydown of Angelys Pear by Nicolaï parfumeur-créateur.

Even if it is marketed as a perfume for men, I consider L'envol to be almost unisex.
As the hours pass, it does not transform much overall, which means that it is mostly a linear scent.
The bonus is its naturalness; nothing artificial ever reached my nostrils.

Such a pleasant fragrance.

My verdict: 10 out of 10.
__________
* The notes were taken from www.cartier.fr when the fragrance was still up on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment